Recipe by mandabears
One of a few good post-Thanksgiving turkey recipes. This recipe came from a civic group cookbook. Really tastes good on a cold November night. Serve with a good bread and a tossed salad.
- 1 turkey carcass, of a roasted turkey
- 7 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in a large stockpot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 3-31/2 hours.
- Cool, then refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove carcass and trim off meat.
- Discard carcass, fat and bones and bay leaves.
- When ready to serve, cook egg noodles separately and add to soup after it heats up.