1/1 Photo of Ruth's Peanut Butter Cookies
This is my mom's recipe that she has been using since she was first married 60 years ago. I have searched thru all of the popular recipes here and this one is just a bit different.....most use only brown sugar or have both sugars but then don't use both baking powder and baking soda. I've never had these cookies turn out wrong and they freeze so well. Whether they get reviewed or not, I know I'll be making them for years to come and now I know they are safe here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2Cream together the peanut butter and shortening.
- 3Add both sugars and cream together until smooth.
- 4Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- 5Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together and then add to the creamed mixgture.
- 6Drop by walnut sized balls unto ungreased baking sheets.
- 7Press with a fork in a criss-cross pattern.
- 8Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- 9Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.
- 10Store in an airtight container. These also freeze very well.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ruth's Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.9
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 116.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g