Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
There is a recipe similar on here to this one, but my mom has "tweeked"the recipe some.
Make and share this Ruth's Oatmeal Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup frozen coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- pour boiling water over oats. Cream butter and sugar thouroughly. Beat in eggs. Stir in soaked oatmeal. Sift together flour & remaining dry ingredients. Stir into oatmeal mixture. pur into greased 12x9x2 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Cool in pan. Spread with topping.