Recipe by Shar-on
This recipe comes from my younger sis who does a lot of cooking and baking for her family. We both have Bosch mixer and love them. So we share our recipes. This is a great recipe for buns which you can use as a dinner roll, as a hamburger bun or even open face sandwiches. These brown easily.
- 1182.95 ml very warm water
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml corn oil
- 29.58 ml salt
- 59.16 ml yeast
- 2365.9-2839.08 ml flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together water, sugar, oil and yeast in your mixing bowl.
- Add about 4 cups of flour, then the beaten eggs and salt.
- Then add the remaining flour, the last two cups a little at a time until the dough is the right texture and easy to handle: you may not use all the flour.
- I let my bosch knead the dough a few minutes.
- If hand kneading, turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Place in a large covered mixing bowl which as a little oil in it and let rise to double in size.
- Punch down and form into buns, placing them on greased baking sheets.
- Cover with a clean teatowel and plastic sheet and let rise again.
- Bake at 375 degF for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from pans and let cool on baking racks.
- If you plan to freeze them, make sure that they are cold before putting them in the plastic bags.