Recipe by Ishi
This recipe was given to me by a friend of my Mother's and it combines the perfect partners of broccoli and cheese to make broccoli "a star".
Top Review by Nanny P.
I looked up chicken and brocolli without rice as I am eating lower carbs. I am soo glad that I found your recipe! I didn't have any cream of mushroom soup on hand so I used real mushrooms, sautéed with the onions and added Sour cream and cheese to that mixture. We had leftover hot breast (hot wing sauce and garlic on Chicken breast) so I diced that and added it over the brocolli. I omitted the croutons since lowering carbs and added a few shakes of red pepper flakes. It is wonderful! This will be our go to leftover hot breast dish!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli, trimmed or 2 (10 ounce) packages broccoli
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancampbell cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 -6 ounces onions, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 cup crouton (I prefer Garlic Flavored)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli until tender but not overcooked; drain well.
- Place cooked broccoli into a pre-sprayed casserole dish.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, onion, and 1 cup of shredded cheese together.
- Pour over the broccoli in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle desired amount of croutons over the top.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- You may substitute cauliflower for the broccoli.
- I sometimes add cooked turkey, chicken or ham for a complete one dish meal.