Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend of my Mother's and it combines the perfect partners of broccoli and cheese to make broccoli "a star".
- Cook broccoli until tender but not overcooked; drain well.
- Place cooked broccoli into a pre-sprayed casserole dish.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, onion, and 1 cup of shredded cheese together.
- Pour over the broccoli in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle desired amount of croutons over the top.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- You may substitute cauliflower for the broccoli.
- I sometimes add cooked turkey, chicken or ham for a complete one dish meal.
My whole family loved it! All three kids, plus my husband, plus me! I've tried a LOT of broccoli casseroles, and this is the first one that has passed the whole-family-took-seconds test! I followed as directed, but used "light" sour cream, and I also sauteed the minced onions in butter before adding them. Mmmmm. Delish! It also looks quite pretty. And, it is super easy! Thanks!
This was gone in no time flat and a very tasty presentation. I have trouble getting my family to eat veges. and my non-veggie loving Hubby ate this up.
This is such a great recipe and is always a huge hit!