Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from someone I used to work with. It's a really moist and rich cake. A little goes a long way. Works well with all flavors of cake mix.
- 1 cake mix, with pudding any flavor
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- Combine cake mix, eggs and melted margarine.
- This will be thick.
- Spread in a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Beat topping ingredients until smooth.
- Spread on top of cake batter.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes.
I used a devils food cake mix, this is a very interesting cake - i was very surprised when the top layer sank into the cake (im guessing its suppose to) I only used 3/4 of a stick butter and 3 cups powderd sugar for the topping, and i think that was plenty - im afraid of how sweet it would have been should i have used to whole lb. of sugar. the cake had a lovely marbled effect - i couldnt resist even letting it cool without trying a peice - very rich and moist. Took 10 extra minutes in the oven useing a bundt pan, id love to try this with some other types of cake mix - all and all a very nice recipe. :)