An untried raw food vegan recipe that was recommended on a vegan newsgroup I lurk on. Aug 2004: Finally got around to making these myself. They are pretty sticky so I rolled them in coconut just like truffles. Big hit with the 3 year old and me. Would be worth putting in the fridge or freezer to firm them up.
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seed, brown or golden (in a clean coffee grinder reserved for this purpose or nut grinder)
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds, ground up same way
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, ground up same way
- 2 tablespoons carob powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut, ground (raw or dehydrated at low temperature, if possible)
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 3 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Mix all together and either knead well or put in food processor to process.
- Form into balls.