Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is one that was my beloved Grandma Ruth's. Her crawfish cornbread was always a hit at church dinners.
- 12 ounces crawfish tails (cooked and peeled)
- 1 small green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 small red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 2 small fresh jalapenos (seeded and minced)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Corn Bread Mixture
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 small eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Sauté vegetables and spices, and Worcestershire in butter for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add crawfish tails and sauté for 5 minutes longer; set aside.
- Mix together all the cornbread ingredients, except use only 1/2 of the cheese.
- Add crawfish mixture into the cornbread mix and stir together.
- Pour into the greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/2 of the cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees, for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.