1/1 Photo of Ruth's Chris Steak House Creamed Spinach
Love their steaks, and I love their version of this classic side dish to a thick, juicy steak. Sometimes I cheat and use 2 10 ounce packages of frozen, chopped spinach which I thaw and drain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 4 tablespoons butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add flour and stir until light golden, about 7 minutes.
- 3Stir in onion, bay leaf and clove.
- 4Gradually whisk in milk.
- 5Whisk until mixture boils and thickens, about 10 minutes.
- 6Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes longer, whisking frequently (sauce will be very thick).
- 7Remove bay leaf and whole clove.
- 8Cook spinach in large pot of boiling water just until wilted and tender, about 2 minutes.
- 10Transfer spinach to bowl filled with ice water to cool.
- 11Drain well.
- 12Roll up spinach in kitchen towl and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- 13Transfer spinach to processor and finely chop.
- 14Add spinach to warm sauce, simmer over low heat until spinach is heated through, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- 15Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 16Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ruth's Chris Steak House Creamed Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.5
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.9 mg
- Sodium 328.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: