1/1 Photo of Ruth's Chris Steak House Barbecue Shrimp Orleans
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Sautéed New Orleans style in reduced white wine, butter, garlic and spices, drenched with a delicious barbecue butter. Say it with me.... "Om......................" I have yet to try this, but will vouch for ANYthing from this restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb butter
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (scant)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (scant)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole dried rosemary leaves (measured, then finely chopped)
- 2 ounces garlic, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1For Barbecue Butter -- Soften butter at room temperature to 70-80 degrees F. Place butter in mixing bowl; add pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, rosemary, garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco, and water. Whip on high speed 3 minutes or until thoroughly blended. Refrigerate to 40 degrees F. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
- 2For Shrimp -- Pour olive oil in a hot sauté pan. Add shrimp to the sauté pan and cook on one side for 1 to 2 minutes. (Don't crowd; if necessary, use 2 pans. A 12-inch pan will accommodate 1 pound of shrimp.) Reduce heat to medium, turn shrimp, and add the chopped green onion. Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3Add white wine and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup. Stir in 1 cup cold Barbecue Butter (reserve the remainder for another use), reduce heat to low and cook and stir frequently until shrimp are just done (white throughout, moist and tender), approximately 1 1/2 minutes. Take care not to overcook the shrimp.
- 4Serve immediately in a bowl preheated to 160 degrees F.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ruth's Chris Steak House Barbecue Shrimp Orleans
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1980.0
- Calories from Fat 1763
- Total Fat 195.9 g
- Saturated Fat 118.2 g
- Cholesterol 773.8 mg
- Sodium 4149.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 35.4 g