Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is a staple in my boyfriend's family. It is unbelievably moist and rich!
Make and share this Ruth's Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- For cake, mix flour, sugar, and baking soda.
- Melt butter on low heat and add cocoa and water until melted.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before adding buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla to avoid cooking the eggs.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- For frosting, melt butter and cocoa until ALMOST boiling.
- Add powdered sugar and cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar has melted. It will be slightly lumpy.
- Pour over warm, not hot, cake.