Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe submitted by Mel Chencharick, from a Gooseberry Patch cookbook. Saving for safe keeping.
Make and share this Ruth's Caramels recipe from Food.com.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat, add sugar and salt, stirring well.
- Stir in corn syrup.
- Slowly add condensed milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture reaches the firm ball stage, 244 to 249 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 9x9 inch pan.
- Cool and cut into squares. Wrap in cut out squares of wax paper, twisting the ends.