1/4 Photos of Ruth Wall's German Apple Cake
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I looooove apple cake. So when this one came to me in a publication from the Bucoda Improvement District, I tagged it immediately. Have not made it yet but certainly have added it to the list.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare a large bundt or tube pan with a light coating of cooking spray.
- 3Mix together the apples, sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- 4Add all of the ingredients for the batter to a large bowl and mix at medium speed for one minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all ingredients are being incorporated. Mix for an additional 3 minutes.
- 5Pour one third of the batter into the baking pan. Cover with a layer using 1/2 the seasoned apples. Repeat with another 1/3 of batter and the remaining apples. Finish with the final 1/3 of batter.
- 6Bake for 90 to 105 minutes. Remove from oven.
- 7Cool for 10 minutes then invert onto a serving plate.
- 8While the is cooling (10 minutes), combine all ingredients for the glaze. Drizzle on top of the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ruth Wall's German Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.4
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 50.3 mg
- Sodium 256.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 46.4 g
- Protein 4.2 g