Recipe by Targetgirl
The original recipe was Rutabagas with Dill Dressing from Taste of Home's "Light & Tasty" magazine. I added carrots and substituted white balsamic vinegar for the white wine vinegar called for in the original recipe. I think the dressing would work beautifully with any combination of root vegetables, though. This is a recipe I'll make again and again!
- 2 medium rutabagas, approx. total of two pounds, peeled and cubed
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 -2 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss rutabagas and carrots with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, and bake the vegetables for 30-40 minutes, stirring every ten minutes, until the vegetables are tender and have begun to caramelize.
- Combine white balsamic vinegar, honey, dill weed and additional dashes of salt and pepper in a small jar or whisk them together in a small bowl.
- Put the roasted vegetables in a serving dish and pour the dressing over them, stirring to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.