Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is pure comfort food.
Make and share this Rutabaga Pudding (Irish) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb rutabaga
- 3 tablespoons fine breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- Clean, peel and cube the rutabaga, and cook in boiling water until tender, then drain.
- Mash thoroughly; then add all the other ingredients.
- Put into a 2-quart casserole and bake at 350F for 1 hour. A pinch of cinnamon or ginger might be added.
Super tasty and the texture was perfectly pudding-ish. We ate for dessert because it was a little sweet for a side, but there were no leftovers! YUM!