Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A different way to serve rutabaga -- raw! It hides nicely amongst the shredded cabbage. An easy salad that can be tossed together quickly.
- 1⁄2 cup rutabaga, raw, coarsely grated
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup salad dressing or 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar or 1⁄4 teaspoon artificial sweetener
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- Combine the lemon juice, sweetener, and salad dressing.
- Just before serving, toss all ingredients together.
- Variation: instead of shredded carrot, I've used 1 cup diced and unpeeled red apple for a nice change.