Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Rawish it gives you energy! Also tasty :) Modified from a recipe found on http://www.affairsofliving.com
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 large apples, cored and diced (I used red delicious)
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 118.29 ml raisins, sultanas, currants (I used yellow rasins) or 118.29 ml dried cranberries (I used yellow rasins)
- hand full dates, chopped (I used Parnoosh soft Iranian dates)
- 59.14 ml sesame seeds
- freshly cracked pepper
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 59.14 ml tahini (I used almond hazelnut butter!)
- sea salt, to taste
- Lightly toast sesame seeds in a dry sauté pan over medium heat until golden and fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Grate rutabaga with a large-holed grater or a food processor. Toss with chopped apples and 2 Tbsp of lemon juice, to prevent browning, in a large bowl. Add grated carrot, and raisins, and chopped dates - Mix it all up.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together tahini, lemon juice, and sea salt, to taste, then add water and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, and stir to combine, then add sesame seeds. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Enjoy the energy!