Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious moist muffins with all kinds of healthy bits.
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened plain soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce (gravenstein)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 3 very ripe mashed bananas
- 1 cup golden raisin
- Butter muffin tin.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- With a fork, combine flour, oat bran, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together, soy milk, maple syrup, egg whites, vanilla, applesauce and bananas.
- Stir wet mixture into dry mixture until just combined.
- Fold in raisins.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups.
- Save extra batter in bowl.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave on rack to cool.
I use paper muffin cups, I don't butter the tins.