This is an adaptation on a recipe already on recipezaar.com. It is a really moist and delicious brownie. No one would ever know it was Vegan.
- With vegetable oil, lightly oil a 9 x 12 glass pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- With a fork, mix together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, blend the chocolate soy milk and applesauce.
- Combine the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and thoroughly mix together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the oiled pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Smaller pans have a longer cooking time.
These brownies were incredible! We added a tablespoon of cinnamon and vanilla extract, and they turned out amazing! We also substituted the sugar for stevia, and they still turned out great. They were moist, chewy, and melt in your mouth gooey and delicious! This will turn into a family recipe to be made for years to come
I made an account JUST to rate this. THIS IS NOT A BROWNIE. this is a spongey more cake like piece of mush that, like others have said sticks to the pan even when oiled. Ive had and made better vegan brownie recipes. This is not the recipe you're looking for....keep looking. sorry :(
This is such an amazing brownie!!! I am a vegan and have not found a vegan recipe to make a brownie by hand. These brownies are amazing!! I think I made about 5 or 6 batches in 2 weeks because all my friends tried them and they wanted me to make some for them. some of my friends said these were the best brownies they have ever tasted and they are not vegans!!! I really recommend this recipe 100%. Thanks Blazenhoff for putting them up!!!