Chef LMJ's Note:
This is similar to the Penne Rustica at Macaroni Grille, but I was very surprised to see the Copycat recipes on Recipezaar and how different they were. This is an easy dish to make and is very good, even if it's not an exact copy of the original. If I'm short on time, I use the precooked Italian Chicken strips and Classico's Tomato Alfredo Sauce instead of the 2 sauces. This recipe is very forgiving if you're short on some of the ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1/4 lb pancetta (unsmoked Italian bacon)
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp (frozen)
- 1 ounce pancetta
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1Cook Penne Pasta until Al Dente.
- 2Place shimp in warm water to thaw if using frozen.
- 3cube pancetta and brown on medium heat with garlic.
- 4Add shrimp and just heat through
- 5cut cooked chicken into thin slices, or cubes.
- 6Mix together pancetta, garlic, shrimp and chicken.
- 7Mix together both sauces with sour cream until well blended and then stir in
- 81/2 cup(leaving the other half for topping)
- 9Parmesan Cheese.
- 10Pour over pasta and mix in the pancetta, garlic, shrimp and chicken.
- 11Pour into casserole dish, or individual dishes.
- 12Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- 13Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rusty Penny (Penne Rustica)
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.5
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 145.3 mg
- Sodium 536.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: