Recipe by Chef LMJ
This is similar to the Penne Rustica at Macaroni Grille, but I was very surprised to see the Copycat recipes on Recipezaar and how different they were. This is an easy dish to make and is very good, even if it's not an exact copy of the original. If I'm short on time, I use the precooked Italian Chicken strips and Classico's Tomato Alfredo Sauce instead of the 2 sauces. This recipe is very forgiving if you're short on some of the ingredients.
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta (unsmoked Italian bacon)
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp (frozen)
- 1 ounce pancetta
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Penne Pasta until Al Dente.
- Place shimp in warm water to thaw if using frozen.
- cube pancetta and brown on medium heat with garlic.
- Add shrimp and just heat through
- cut cooked chicken into thin slices, or cubes.
- Mix together pancetta, garlic, shrimp and chicken.
- Mix together both sauces with sour cream until well blended and then stir in
- 1/2 cup(leaving the other half for topping)
- Parmesan Cheese.
- Pour over pasta and mix in the pancetta, garlic, shrimp and chicken.
- Pour into casserole dish, or individual dishes.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.