Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: My family has had so much fun inventing new recipes for our weekly Friday family pizza night. This one is a complete meal! You can substitute a premade pizza crust, and skip to direction number 13.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (105 F to 115 F)
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (approx)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- olive oil, to coat the bowl
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 green onions, chopped finely
- 3 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped fresh
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, chopped fresh
- 5 slices bacon, fried crisply and crumbled
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 3 tablespoons rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- pepper, freshly ground to taste
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, fresh sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- You may use a purchased pizza crust or prepare your own. To make a pizza crust, coat a large bowl with teaspoon of olive oil and set aside.
- Stir first three ingredients together and let sit for 10 minutes, until nice and foamy.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of white flour and 1 1/2 cups of wheat flour in large bowl and mix in salt.
- Place one cup of regular white flour on work surface.
- Mix pour olive oil into yeast mixture and then pour yeast mixture into bowl with flour.
- Stir until as combined as possible.
- Turn out onto floured surface.
- With well floured hands, knead dough to work in the cup of flour on the board.
- Continue kneading until nice, smooth dough-ball is formed; approximately four minutes.
- Place in well oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, then kitchen towel and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Dough should double (at least).
- While the dough is rising, prepare the sauce.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat.
- Add green onion and garlic to the pan, and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add mushroom and cook until most of the water has cooked out of them.
- Add the alfredo sauce and stir.
- Add lemon juice and zest, and set aside.
- Mix potatoes, olive oil and rosemary in a bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Use half the dough to form a large pizza crust (15 inch round), crimp the edges, brush edges with olive oil. Use the other half for another pizza.
- Place all of the sauce on the dough (less if you like, but I use it all).
- Sprinkle with cooked chicken, chopped parsley, spinach, bacon and parmesan cheese.
- Top with potato mixture.
- Top with slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on pizza stone, vented pizza pan or ceramic tile coated with cooking spray at 425 F for approx 15-20 minutes until the potatoes begin to brown.