Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is super yummy, and very easy. Very filling as well...You can add items to I'm sure to fit your own individual tastes. From Betty Crocker "Simple Summer Meals" Magazine.
- 1 lb rustic sourdough baguette
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing
- 2 small ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 4 small tomatoes, sliced
- 6 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- Cut bread horizontally in half.
- Drizzle dressing on cut side of top half of bread.
- Place both halves on large cookie sheet.
- Mash avocados until slightly smooth.
- Spread avocado over bottom half of bread; top with tomato slices and cheese.
- Broil with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is slightly golden brown.
- Top with top half of bread.
- Cut loaf into 4 pieces.
These were good. I think I used more tomatoes. We tried some with reduced fat Irish cheddar and some with goat cheese (even better), and served them open face.
This was very easy and delicious as well. Next time I will use olive oil in place of Italian Dressing, then I'll add my own seasoning - maybe just oil and vinegar. Made for Top Recipes of 2009 Tag Game.
I loved it, i heated it in the panini maker so the cheese melted and it was heavenly as part of my sandwich day