Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
a recipe I got from a friends copy of women's day that I'm posting here for safe keeping. It sounds like a like a nice dish to make for a brunch.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb mixed summer squash, cut in 1/4 in rounds
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons marjoram, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 refridgerated pie crust
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese or 4 ounces gorgonzola
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large plum tomato, sliced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add squash and shallots to cook, turning pieces as they start color, 7 minutes until crisp, tender.
- Remove from heat, stir in thyme garlic, and pepper to taste, cool to room temperature.
- heat oven to 400°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; unroll or unfold pie crust on parchment paper; with rolling pin roll crust to a 13-in round.
- Crumble half of the blue cheese over the crust to within 2 inches of the edge.
- Arrange squash mixture, pepper strips, and tomato slices on cheese, fold edge of the crust over the filling and brush crust with egg.
- Bake 35 to 40 min until pastry is golden.
- Slide tart still on parchment, onto a wire rack.
- Let cool before serving.