This tart is not only pleasing to the eye but the taste buds as well. The crust is meant to be hand-crimped in a rustic fashion, so don't worry about perfection. I used peaches, strawberries and blueberries, but good substitutes for the berries would be raspberries or blackberries. A sprinkling of powdered sugar atop this tart makes for elegant presentation. Preparation time does not include cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cold, cubed
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons water, ice-cold
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2In a medium bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- 3Thoroughly cut in cubed butter until mixture resembles pea-sized crumbles.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolks and ice water.
- 5Slowly add yolk mixture to flour mixture, working with hands to form a smooth ball. If the mixture doesn't form into a ball easily, drizzle more ice water a little at a time until desired texture.
- 6Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes or until able to be worked with more easily.
- 8In a medium-large bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients except powdered sugar. If the mixture is too juicy, add 1 teaspoons at a time of additional flour as desired. Don't use too much flour, as the filling will become too starchy and gummy.
- 10Preheat oven to 375°F
- 11On a large baking sheet or pizza stone, sprinkle a pinch of flour and roll out pastry dough into a 16-inch circle.
- 12Spread filling evenly onto pastry, leaving 1 1/2-inch dry outside edge.
- 13Carefully pull up edge of pastry and fold up over outside edge of filling, gently crimping with fingers all around tart. Remember, it is meant to look rustic, so don't worry about perfection.
- 14Brush edges of pastry with melted butter.
- 15Bake at 375 F for 30-45 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned and filling is set.
- 16Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes.
- 17Sprinkle top of tart with powdered sugar.
- 18Slice into eighths and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Summer Peach Berry Tart
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.5
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 94.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g