1/1 Photo of Rustic Strawberry Tart
Recipe Reader's Note:
This is a free form tart - no tart pan necessary! It's easy, delicious, and really looks great. You can use puff pastry or a pie crust for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 3Combine strawberries with the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice and set aside.
- 4While the strawberries are marinating, roll out the puff pastry sheet or pie crust on a lightly floured surface until it's about 1/8" thick.
- 5Transfer to lined baking sheet.
- 6Spoon strawberry mixture into the middle of the pastry sheet, leaving about an inch or two border all around.
- 7Gently fold the sides of the pastry, a little at a time, up over some of the berries, leaving the fruit in the center exposed.
- 8Brush top of pastry lightly with water and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake for 30-35 minutes until crust is golden and strawberries are bubbling.
- 9Let sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Strawberry Tart
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.2
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 5.2 g