Recipe by Recipe Reader
This is a free form tart - no tart pan necessary! It's easy, delicious, and really looks great. You can use puff pastry or a pie crust for this.
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed or 1 pie crust
- 1 lb strawberry, washed and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- juice from half lemon
- water for brushing pastry dough
- turbinado sugar for sprinkling over pastry dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine strawberries with the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice and set aside.
- While the strawberries are marinating, roll out the puff pastry sheet or pie crust on a lightly floured surface until it's about 1/8" thick.
- Transfer to lined baking sheet.
- Spoon strawberry mixture into the middle of the pastry sheet, leaving about an inch or two border all around.
- Gently fold the sides of the pastry, a little at a time, up over some of the berries, leaving the fruit in the center exposed.
- Brush top of pastry lightly with water and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake for 30-35 minutes until crust is golden and strawberries are bubbling.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before cutting.