Recipe by Poker
Any Feta Lover would enjoy the taste of this salad !! With all the different varieties of Feta -you can change the taste of your whole salad!You don't even have to use mixed greens I prefer the Spinach greens myself! To make this recipe quicker & easier I buy my dressing & also with the varieties of dressings you can change the whole flavor!Meat or no meat also your choice......I have changed this recipe around so many different ways ..I'm not to sure of the original one -- TRY THIS:
Top Review by mammafishy
This was a beautiful and tasty salad. My husband & I like to use the Garlic & Herb Good Seasonings dry packet (prepared) in place of Italian dressing. I used my own sourdough bread and Cabot's Garlic & Herb cheese and spinkled with parmesan..only because I had ran out of the feta. Next time I might try to make my own croutons with fresh rosemary, parsley & thyme. This would be a nice salad for when company comes. Thanks for sharing! This ones a keeper.
- 1⁄3 lb of day old sourdough bread (even used Pita) or 1⁄3 lb your choice bread, torn into chunks (even used Pita)
- 3 large ripe grape tomatoes
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 8 cups of your favorite greens
- 3⁄4 cup of thinly sliced red onion ring, cut in half
- 1 (6 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese (garlic & herb or your choice)
- 1⁄3 cup of your favorite olives (your choice) or 1⁄3 cup sweet pepper, cut in half lengthwise (your choice)
- meat, if desired
- 1⁄8 cup Italian salad dressing (or your favorite)
Directions See How It's Made
- PLACE: bread chunks in bottom of salad bowl.
- Top with greens.
- TOSS: tomatoes, cucumber, onion, cheese and olives.
- Place over greens.
- POUR: dressing over salad just before serving;toss lightly.
- MAKES: 6 to 8 servings PREP TIME: 20 min plus refrigerating time.