Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This satisfying bread recipe was found in the 2006 cookbook, Taste of Home Everyday Light Meals.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml rubbed sage
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml dill weed
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml plain fat-free yogurt
- 118.29 ml nonfat milk
- 2.46 ml poppy seed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F & coat the inside of a 9"round baking pan (or a 9" pie pan) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 1st nine ingredients (from the flour to & including the dill weed), & mix well.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt & milk, then stir this egg mixture into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Spoon into the prepared baking pan & sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack before cutting into wedges.
This was a big hit. I ran out of white flour and had to use 1/2 c wheat and I used regular cheese instead of low fat.
Thanks agian Sid!
YUM YUM YUM. I did not use the low fat ingredients but full fat instead. I grabbed Herbs de Provence by mistake Oh well it stil was delicious. Keeper recipe. Made for Zaar Stars Tag