1/7 Photos of Rustic Round Herb Bread
Sydney Mike's Note:
This satisfying bread recipe was found in the 2006 cookbook, Taste of Home Everyday Light Meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F & coat the inside of a 9"round baking pan (or a 9" pie pan) with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, combine 1st nine ingredients (from the flour to & including the dill weed), & mix well.
- 3Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- 4In another bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt & milk, then stir this egg mixture into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
- 5Spoon into the prepared baking pan & sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- 6Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Cool in pan on wire rack before cutting into wedges.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Round Herb Bread
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.1
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 274.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese