Here's an easy, comfort stew perfect for a cold winter night. Add a whole grain roll to complete the meal.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium white onions or 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium beef broth or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated cheese ravioli or 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated chicken ravioli
- 1 (10 ounce) package Baby Spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes (can use italian recipe-ready version)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional) or grated romano cheese (optional) or grated asiago cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion, saute 5 minutes.
- Add broth, water, rosemary and red pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add ravioli and undrained tomatoes, bring to boil again.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, and cook another 3 minutes or until ravioli is tender.
- Serve with grated cheese.