1/2 Photos of Rustic Potato Soup
Patrick in Los Angeles, CA's Note:
A quick, easy (and cozy) soup from Cook's Country magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1419.54 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 907.18 g red potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 453.59 g kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 large leeks, white and green parts only, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced thin crosswise
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves cut crosswise into 1/4 inch strips
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1Bring broth, potatoes, and bay leaf to boil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender (about 10 minutes). Discard bay leaf. Using potato masher, coarsely break up potatoes, leaving large chunks.
- 2Meanwhile, melt butter in Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook kielbasa, stirring frequently, until lightly browned in spots (about 4 minutes). Add leeks and cook until soft (about 4 minutes).
- 3Add potato mixture and kale to Dutch oven and simmer until kale is tender (about 5 minutes). Season with pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.3
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 795.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 17.9 g