Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
made in a 9-inch deep dish plate this meatless dish has a nice variety ingredients for all to enjoy.
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 4 ounces shreddede part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon plive oil
- 2 (10 ounce) packages fresh spinach, torn
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14inches x 9 inches)
- 1 1⁄2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- In a large bowl, combine egg, rice, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup mozzerella, lemon juice, and peel, and set aside.
- Saute onion, and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add the spinach, raisins, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cook and stir until spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in remaining mozzerella.
- Spritz one sheet of phyllo dough, with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Place in a 9 inch deep dish pie plate coated with cooking spray, allowing short sides of dough to hang over edges (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.).
- Place remaining phyllo sheets in a pie plate in a criss-cross fashion resembling the spokes of a wheel, spritzing between layers with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Spread half of the rice mixture into crust, and layer with half of spinach mixture, and half of spaghetti sauce. Repeat layers.
- Gently fold over edges of dough over filling, leaving center of pie uncovered.
- Spritz with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Cover loosely with foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, and bake an additional 5-10 minutes longer or until filling reaches 160 degrees.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.