1 hr 5 mins
A delightful pear recipe from eating well magazine. I like trying new things and it came out pretty good for a beginner like me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large ripe but firm pear, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, plus
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided, plus additional
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Toss pear slices, 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl.
- 3Whisk 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour and the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or a fork until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle oil over the mixture and stir with a fork until evenly combined. Add 1 tablespoon water and stir until the dough just stays together when pressed with a fork; add up to 1 additional tablespoon of water if the dough seems too dry.
- 4Line a work surface with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, generously dust with flour and turn the dough out onto it. Form the dough into a small patty, dust the top with flour and roll into a rustic 10-inch circle, adding more flour if necessary to prevent sticking. Transfer the crust to a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat in place.
- 5Lay the pear slices in decorative, overlapping circles on top of the crust, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Spoon any remaining pear juice over the slices. Pick up the edges of the crust using a spatula and fold over the pears. The crust will not meet in the center.
- 6Bake the tart until lightly browned and bubbling, about 40 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Pear Tart
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.0
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 148.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g