Recipe by Galley Wench
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap contest entry. Love the combination of pears and ginger so this was a natural. Be sure to use the Non-Stick Reynolds Wrap (love this stuff), otherwise the tart will stick to the pan.
- 1 cup ripe pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (4-5 pears)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon very hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the piecrust from the refrigerator 20 minutes prior to beginning.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium size bowl toss together the pears, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, lemon zest and corn starch. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl mix together the topping ingredients and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick foil.
- Unroll the piecrust on the Non-Stick foil.
- Stir the pear mixture, then, using a slotted spoon pile the mixture in the center of the piecrust, leaving approximately 2 inches around the edge. Leave the juice in the bowl for now.
- Carefully fold the edges of the piecrust onto the pears, pinching the seams to ensure that they are sealed. The crust will not completely cover the pears, the center will be open.
- Carefully pour the reserved pear juice onto the exposed pears, make sure there is no juice on the outside of the crust.
- Distribute the topping on the exposed pears.
- Bake at 425 degrees until crust is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- While the tart is bakes, pour the cream into a large mixing bowl and whip until peaks start to form. Add vanilla and confections sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Do not over beat, otherwise you’ll have sweet butter ;=).
- Once done, remove tart from the oven and brush the pastry with the honey and water mixture.
- Cool at least 20 minutes.
- Slice and top each dish with whipped cream before serving. ENJOY!