1/2 Photos of Rustic Pear-Ginger Tart #RSC
Galley Wench's Note:
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap contest entry. Love the combination of pears and ginger so this was a natural. Be sure to use the Non-Stick Reynolds Wrap (love this stuff), otherwise the tart will stick to the pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup ripe pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (4-5 pears)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1Remove the piecrust from the refrigerator 20 minutes prior to beginning.
- 2Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 3In a medium size bowl toss together the pears, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, lemon zest and corn starch. Set aside.
- 4In a small mixing bowl mix together the topping ingredients and set aside.
- 5Line a baking sheet with Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick foil.
- 6Unroll the piecrust on the Non-Stick foil.
- 7Stir the pear mixture, then, using a slotted spoon pile the mixture in the center of the piecrust, leaving approximately 2 inches around the edge. Leave the juice in the bowl for now.
- 8Carefully fold the edges of the piecrust onto the pears, pinching the seams to ensure that they are sealed. The crust will not completely cover the pears, the center will be open.
- 9Carefully pour the reserved pear juice onto the exposed pears, make sure there is no juice on the outside of the crust.
- 10Distribute the topping on the exposed pears.
- 11Bake at 425 degrees until crust is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 12While the tart is bakes, pour the cream into a large mixing bowl and whip until peaks start to form. Add vanilla and confections sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Do not over beat, otherwise you’ll have sweet butter ;=).
- 13Once done, remove tart from the oven and brush the pastry with the honey and water mixture.
- 14Cool at least 20 minutes.
- 15Slice and top each dish with whipped cream before serving. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Pear-Ginger Tart #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 660.9
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.1 mg
- Sodium 260.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 38.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: