1 hr 5 mins
SR Galette recipe have not tried it yet but will be soon!
My Private Note
10 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3-1/2 cup ice water
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Mix the flour, sugar and salt.
- 3Add the cold butter and cut with a pastry cutter until crumbly.
- 4Slowly add the ice water just until it comes together in a dough.
- 5Loosely gather the dough into a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate while prepping fruit.
- 6Thinly slice the apples and pears and toss with lemon juice, brown sugar, flour and spices.
- 7Take the dough out and gently pat onto a lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet.
- 8Lay the fruit out in overlapping circles or rows in the middle of the pastry.
- 9Fold up the edges to create a rim, pinching the dough together where it meets.
- 10Dot with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 11Bake for 50 minutes or until browned and crispy on the bottom.
- 12Serve with ice cream or topped with whip cream.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Pear and Apple Galette
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 883.1
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 122.1 mg
- Sodium 494.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 50.5 g
- Protein 8.2 g