Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
SR Galette recipe have not tried it yet but will be soon!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup ice water
- 2 large apples, peeled and cored
- 3 -4 pears, peeled and cored
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the flour, sugar and salt.
- Add the cold butter and cut with a pastry cutter until crumbly.
- Slowly add the ice water just until it comes together in a dough.
- Loosely gather the dough into a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate while prepping fruit.
- Thinly slice the apples and pears and toss with lemon juice, brown sugar, flour and spices.
- Take the dough out and gently pat onto a lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Lay the fruit out in overlapping circles or rows in the middle of the pastry.
- Fold up the edges to create a rim, pinching the dough together where it meets.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until browned and crispy on the bottom.
- Serve with ice cream or topped with whip cream.