Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Vegetarian Times recipe. This recipe is wonderful when peaches and blueberries are in season. When they aren't in season you can either substitute 6 1/2 cups of whatever fruits and berries are in season or use frozen fruit. COOKING TIME INCLUDES CHILLING AND STANDING TIME
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces neufchatel cheese, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter, diced
- 5 medium peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ice cream (optional) or 2 cups sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- To make Cornmeal Crust:.
- Add flour, cornmeal, sugar and salt to a food processor and pulse 2 or 3 times to combine.
- Add cheese and butter, and blend until dough resembles coarse meal.
- Add 3 Tbs. cold water, and pulse several times, or until dough comes together.
- Pat into a flat disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- To make Peach-Blueberry Filling:.
- Using a large bowl, toss together the peaches, blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Let stand 15 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved.
- Place sheet of parchment paper on work surface, and sprinkle with flour. Roll dough into 12-inch round.
- Fold in edge 1/2 inch to create sides.
- Slide parchment and dough onto ungreased baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Using a slotted spoon, place fruit in center of crust .
- Discard the juice.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425°F.
- Reduce heat to 350°F, and bake 20 minutes more, or until crust is crisp and brown.
- Allow tart to cool 10 minutes.
- Slide tart from parchment onto serving plate.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, and top with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.