2 hrs 30 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
A Vegetarian Times recipe. This recipe is wonderful when peaches and blueberries are in season. When they aren't in season you can either substitute 6 1/2 cups of whatever fruits and berries are in season or use frozen fruit. COOKING TIME INCLUDES CHILLING AND STANDING TIME
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces neufchatel cheese, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1To make Cornmeal Crust:.
- 2Add flour, cornmeal, sugar and salt to a food processor and pulse 2 or 3 times to combine.
- 3Add cheese and butter, and blend until dough resembles coarse meal.
- 4Add 3 Tbs. cold water, and pulse several times, or until dough comes together.
- 5Pat into a flat disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour, or overnight.
- 6Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 7To make Peach-Blueberry Filling:.
- 8Using a large bowl, toss together the peaches, blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- 9Let stand 15 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved.
- 10Place sheet of parchment paper on work surface, and sprinkle with flour. Roll dough into 12-inch round.
- 11Fold in edge 1/2 inch to create sides.
- 12Slide parchment and dough onto ungreased baking sheet or pizza pan.
- 13Using a slotted spoon, place fruit in center of crust .
- 14Discard the juice.
- 15Bake 15 minutes at 425°F.
- 16Reduce heat to 350°F, and bake 20 minutes more, or until crust is crisp and brown.
- 17Allow tart to cool 10 minutes.
- 18Slide tart from parchment onto serving plate.
- 19Serve warm or at room temperature, and top with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Peach Blueberry Tart
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.4
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 166.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g