Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I tried it at my friend's house and asked for the recipie. It is great served on French bread.
- 16 ounces chicken livers, washed, dried and finely chopped
- 3 ounces butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- salt and pepper
- 1 finely sliced bell pepper, to decorate (optional)
- Gently saute the onion and garlic in 2 oz of the butter until soft and transparent.
- Add the chicken livers and gently fry until cooked.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Put in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Put in a large bowl or into individual ramekins.
- (optional) pour melted butter onto the top of the pate to seal and decorate with small slices of bell pepper.
- Put in the refridgerator for at least 2 hours to set.