1 hr 30 mins
uluru ?'s Note:
This is an "old fashioned orange cake" I have my dear Mother's recipe book(hand written) it is 70 years old! I think these recipes were exchanged with her sisters who were all from Polish decent)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil 2 oranges for 2 hours (this can be done the day before).
- 2Chop the oranges into small pieces taking out any pits.
- 3Put these into a food processor.
- 4Add eggs and beat.
- 5Then add ground almonds.
- 6Then sugar.
- 7And Baking Powder.
- 8Beat all these together in food processor.
- 9When mixed (keep an eye on the mix as it is a pretty full bowl) and stir occasionally to make sure it is all mixed.
- 10Oil a 9 inch (23 cms) spring form pan and pour the mixture in and bake in a 185-190c (about 350 degrees F) for 1 hour.
- 11check occasionally (depending on oven temperature as oven temps vary) and make sure the center is set.
- 12When cold make this icing and spread on cake.
- 14Whisk all together over hot water till liquid.
- 15melts and is pourable.
- 16Serve as is or with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Orange Cake
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.3
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 127.9 mg
- Sodium 78.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 52.4 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: