Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from a number of different muffin recipes. Makes 18 small muffins (and probably 12 or so regular ones).
- 1 1⁄2 cups oat bran
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (or more, to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (or more, to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger (or more, to taste)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dates (chopped)
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Toss in dates, reserving 2 1/2 tbsp or so.
- Beat wet ingredients into reserved dates (mash well).
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 400°F.