Recipe by Leopard Apron
This is a pretty autumn recipe that can be served as an appetizer or could be a great vegetarian entree!
Top Review by MsPia
Very good. We had it as a main dish. For me the sundried tomatoes where a little strong. For DBF it was perfect!
I had one slice left over, that I eat the next day and before warming it up I added a a splash of cream. I liked better that way.
- 1 ready-made pie crust (use round style)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄8 cup white wine (Chardonnay)
- 4 whole green onions, chopped (using white & light green parts)
- 1 medium yellow sweet onion, sliced into rings
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh thyme, removed from stems
- 1⁄4 ounce dried shiitake mushroom
- 1⁄4 ounce dried wild mushrooms
- 16 ounces white button mushrooms, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, snipped into small strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces maytag blue cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 1 c water to boil, remove from heat. Carefully add dreid mushrooms and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet or saute pan, over medium heat, heat oil. When oil is hot add butter then saute green onions until they begin to slightly brown, then add yellow onion and cook until shiny and most liquid has evaporated. Add garlic and herbs, salt & pepper and cook just a minute or so until garlic becomes fragrant. Add white wine, sun-dried tomatoes, button mushrooms and rehydrated mushrooms that have been drained and chopped. Cook until most liquids have evaporated, about 5 minutes. Set mixture aside to cool.
- On a floured surface, roll out pie crust and transfer to ungreased dark baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, crumble bleu cheese and add in the mushroom mixture and blend well. Spoon cheese-mushroom filling onto the center of pie crust and spread, leaving a 1-1/2" border. Fold edges of piecrust toward center, pleating to retain a circular shape; the filling will be exposed.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree oven. Bake until crust is golden, approximately 25-30 minutes. Remove from ove nand let stand 10 minutes. Slide galette onto a serving plate, garnish with several sprigs of fresh thyme. Cut into 8 wedges and serve.
- Serves 8 as appetizers.