Don’t bother peeling the potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a big pot of water to a boil; add in salt, potatoes, and garlic.
- 2Decrease heat and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- 3Drain potatoes and garlic in a colander; then return to pot.
- 4Dry the potatoes over high heat for 1-2 minutes, tossing them until all the moisture is evaporated.
- 5Transfer the potatoes and garlic to a big bowl; mash potatoes with a potato masher or electric mixer.
- 6Add in the mascarpone cheese and milk; beat with a wooden spoon or a wire whisk until smooth.
- 7When the liquid has been absorbed, add 2 tablespoons chives and salt/pepper to taste.
- 8Transfer to a serving bowl; garnish with remaining chives and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Mashed Potatoes With Mascarpone and Chives
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.4
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 417.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: