Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Rustic Jicama Appetizer w/ Red Chile & Lime (Entremes de Jicama)taken from Rick Bayless "Mexican Kitchen", posted on Chowhound.com to rave reviews. The original post called for cilantro, which I have omitted because of an allergy.
- 1 lb jicama
- 2 small cucumbers
- 3 seedless oranges
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, juice of (~1/3 c.)
- 2 teaspoons powdered dried hot chili peppers
- 2⁄3 cup pickled red onion (optional)
- Chop up all veggies bite-sized.
- Peel and segement orange (I use canned mandarins as a shortcut).
- Mix veggies and oranges w/ lime juice in bowl
- Let sit for 20 min
- Season w/ salt.
- Transfer onto serving platter and drizzle w/ juices.
- Top w/ chile powder.
- Serve immediately.