Rustic Italian Vegetable Soup
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrots, onion, garlic and bay leaf. Season it with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and add chicken stock.
- Add squash and cook until tender. Add spinach and simmer.
- In sauté pan, heat oil and cook chicken at medium-high heat until cooked through. Add to soup.
- In pasta pot, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and add to soup.
- Add tomato sauce and both cans of beans to cook through. About 4-5 minutes.
- Cut pita into wedges. Sprinkle Parmesan over evenly. Broil until golden brown.
- Ladle a portion of soup in a bowl and garnish with some Parmesan pita chips.