Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Much like chicken noodle soup but with more veggies and garlic. (yum)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tsps olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 bay leaf
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 large squash, cubed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 0.5 (8 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 ounces cheese tortellini
- 8 ounces chicken, cubed
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can red beans, rinsed
- 0.5 (15 ounce) canflat green beans, rinsed
- 2 loaves pita bread
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrots, onion, garlic and bay leaf. Season it with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and add chicken stock.
- Add squash and cook until tender. Add spinach and simmer.
- In sauté pan, heat oil and cook chicken at medium-high heat until cooked through. Add to soup.
- In pasta pot, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and add to soup.
- Add tomato sauce and both cans of beans to cook through. About 4-5 minutes.
- Cut pita into wedges. Sprinkle Parmesan over evenly. Broil until golden brown.
- Ladle a portion of soup in a bowl and garnish with some Parmesan pita chips.