1/42 Photos of Rustic Italian Bread ABM
3 hrs 35 mins
This is the one I make all the time. I use the bread machine to make my dough and then bake in oven to get that rustic look. It rises nice and the crust and texture is great--give it a try. Prep time includes the total bread machine and rising time. You can also make this in your KitchenAid mixer instead of the bread machine, using you kneading hook. Oil bowl cover let rise in a draft free spot.
My Private Note
large l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add flour, oil, salt, sugar, yeast and water to your bread machine according to its instructions.
- 2Set on dough setting.
- 3Always follow your machines instructions, when mixing open it and keep check on the dough. Dough should be in a nice round soft sticky to the touch ball. If it is not add more water, or add flour which ever is needed.
- 4Remove when signal beeps and cycle is done.
- 5Preheat oven to 375Ã‚Â°F.
- 6Sprinkle cornflour or cornmeal onto a baking sheet.
- 7Punch dough down and form into a long or oval loaf.
- 8Cover and let rise for 25 more minutes.
- 9It should be doubled again by this time.
- 10Uncover and slash the top with a sharp knife or razor.
- 11Brush all over with the beaten egg white.
- 12Bake 25 minutes to 35 minutes, until hollow sounding when tapped on bottom.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Italian Bread ABM
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.9
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 90.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g