This is the one I make all the time. I use the bread machine to make my dough and then bake in oven to get that rustic look. It rises nice and the crust and texture is great--give it a try. Prep time includes the total bread machine and rising time. You can also make this in your KitchenAid mixer instead of the bread machine, using you kneading hook. Oil bowl cover let rise in a draft free spot.
- Add flour, oil, salt, sugar, yeast and water to your bread machine according to its instructions.
- Set on dough setting.
- Always follow your machines instructions, when mixing open it and keep check on the dough. Dough should be in a nice round soft sticky to the touch ball. If it is not add more water, or add flour which ever is needed.
- Remove when signal beeps and cycle is done.
- Preheat oven to 375Ã‚Â°F.
- Sprinkle cornflour or cornmeal onto a baking sheet.
- Punch dough down and form into a long or oval loaf.
- Cover and let rise for 25 more minutes.
- It should be doubled again by this time.
- Uncover and slash the top with a sharp knife or razor.
- Brush all over with the beaten egg white.
- Bake 25 minutes to 35 minutes, until hollow sounding when tapped on bottom.