1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is a delicious recipe that is very filling! Perfect for those cold nights. Makes good use of those few pieces of vegetables that you don’t know what to do with, feel free to add any other veggies! Is great served with fresh bread (we serve it with cut and buttered slices of baguette).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g blade steaks, chopped into chunks (can use any kind of stewing steak)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 onions, cut into chunky strips
- 3 bay leaves, torn in half
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 1/2 liters vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 stalks celery, cut into chunky pieces
- 4 potatoes, cut into chunky pieces
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a large pot.
- 2Add onions, garlic and bay leaves.
- 3Cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- 4Add combined paprika, chilli powder and flour- stir continuously for 2 minutes.
- 5Combine vegetable stock with tomato paste and gradually add to pot- bring to the boil.
- 6Add steak to the pot, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 7Add celery, potatoes, carrots and Worcestershire sauce- simmer for around 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Add tomatoes and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- 9Serve with fresh bread.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Hot Pot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.7
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 90.0 mg
- Sodium 296.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: