Recipe by KitchenKelly
This was created by my dad and I when we discovered fingerling potatoes in the grocery store. We cut them with a fancy cutter to make the ridged edges but you can just use a regular old knife. Very simple and easy and taste better than deep fried fatty french fries you get in the pub-without the guilt! excellent served alongside fish. You can add more spices if you like-but the basic salt and pepper allows the lovely flavour of the potatoes to shine through.
- 1 lb fingerling potato (about 5-6 medium sized)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes and cut in half or into thirds lengthwise (depending on the size-try to make them all equal and fairly big so they'll hold up well).
- Place potatoes in a pot with boiling salted water and blanch for 8 minutes.
- Strain potatoes and immediately immerse in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking process.
- Let sit 5-10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes well, pat dry and return to bowl.
- Add olive oil and salt and pepper and toss well to coat -Be careful because some potatoes may be soft, you don't want them to break
- Place potatoes on grill on medium heat 6-8 minutes or until they begin to brown.