1/1 Photo of Rustic Grilled Home Fries
This was created by my dad and I when we discovered fingerling potatoes in the grocery store. We cut them with a fancy cutter to make the ridged edges but you can just use a regular old knife. Very simple and easy and taste better than deep fried fatty french fries you get in the pub-without the guilt! excellent served alongside fish. You can add more spices if you like-but the basic salt and pepper allows the lovely flavour of the potatoes to shine through.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub potatoes and cut in half or into thirds lengthwise (depending on the size-try to make them all equal and fairly big so they'll hold up well).
- 2Place potatoes in a pot with boiling salted water and blanch for 8 minutes.
- 3Strain potatoes and immediately immerse in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking process.
- 4Let sit 5-10 minutes.
- 5Drain potatoes well, pat dry and return to bowl.
- 6Add olive oil and salt and pepper and toss well to coat -Be careful because some potatoes may be soft, you don't want them to break
- 7Place potatoes on grill on medium heat 6-8 minutes or until they begin to brown.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rustic Grilled Home Fries
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.5
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 152.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g