- 1 (450 g) packet frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
- 1 sheet ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 150 g halloumi cheese, grated (see note)
- 120 g feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- lemon wedge, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to moderately hot 200oC (400oF).
- Squeeze the excess liquid from the spinach.
- Place the pastry sheet on a baking tray and spread the spinach in the middle, leaving a 3cm (1 1/4 inch) border.
- Sprinkle the garlic over the spinach and pile the haloumi and feta on top.
- Sprinkle with oregano and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut a short slit into each corner of the pastry sheet, then tuck each side of the pastry over to form a border around the filling.
- Lightly beat the eggs with the cream and carefully pour the egg mixture over the spinach filling.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and the filling is set.
- Cut into four portions and serve with lemon wedges and a green salad.
- Note: If haloumi cheese is not available use all feta instead.