Recipe by Martin Andrews
A MUST HAVE for anyone who has enjoyed 'Pollo al ajillo' - Chicken fried in Garlic. The Sherry and Spanish Brandy bring a taste of such authenticity that you could be there !!
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons light olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, roughly chopped (yes 10!)
- 2 tablespoons Spanish brandy
- 3⁄4 cup fino sherry wine (very dry)
- 2 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the chicken pieces in a mixture of the paprika, salt and pepper.
- (I put plastic bags on my hands to stop the bits getting under my nails!) Gently heat the Olive Oil in a large flame-proof casserole dish and fry the garlic until it is lightly browned.
- Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon.
- Add the chicken pieces and gently fry until light brown on all sides.
- Return garlic to the dish, add the sherry, brandy and bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for approx 45 mins until the chicken is tender.