Recipe by 55tbird
From Taste of Home by Naomi Olson If using frozen rhubarb, measure it while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in colander, but do not press liquid out. Can also use frozen raspberries, thawed.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup diced fresh rhubarb
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Add oil and milk, tossing with a fork until mixture forms a ball.
- Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In another bowl, combine the rhubarb, raspberries, sugar and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap dough and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cover with waxed paper and roll the dough into an 11 inch circle.
- Discard waxed paper.
- Spoon fruit mixture into the center of dough to within 2 inches of the edges.
- Fold edges of dough over fruit, leaving center uncovered.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Remove to a wire rack.
- Combine the glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm tart.